About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Nascar Hunter Birthday Cake


I made this cake for a client who's husband loved Nascar and hunting. But during our initial phone consultation she hinted at the fact that him and his friends would notice if the color and details of the car weren't right. Well the car has a lot of detail and I didn't want to get it wrong so I made her husband watching it on his big screen. It's like he's right in the action. She liked it. On another note the humidity can make decorating cakes almost impossible. I had to put this one back in the fridge every ten minutes because it just kept melting. I know most people will want to kill me for saying this but bring on fall and the cooler weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment