About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dale's 30th Birthday Cake




I made this cake for my brother-in-laws 30th birthday party last night. He has a really old studebaker sitting in the barn so I thought I model one so that he could see what his will look like once he gets time to work on it. Right now mine looks much better than his. I thought this cake suited the car guy he is. Of course he got to pick the flavor even though the party was supposed to be a surprise. He picked chocolate and peanut butter, my favorite too. I made the top layer without the peanut butter because I knew atleast one person at the party doesn't like peanut buter. Your welcome Wally.

I think I'm getting pretty good at molding vehicles out of modeling clay. I didn't think I'd like it because it's not cute or pretty but they turn out looking really good and are actually fun to make. Who knew?!

No comments:

Post a Comment