About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jen`s Baby Shower

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Make a photo collage



I threw my sister a baby shower yesterday. Since the nursery is a Noah's Ark/Jungle theme I used that as a jumping off point for the decor. I had so much fun designing and making all the centerpieces and other decorations. The mantle was decorated with frames that i put silhouettes I cut out of jungle animals and vases with flowers and giraffe print ribbon around them. I covered the rocking chair she sat in to open presents in a animal print blanket. The centerpieces were glass bowls that I glued silhouettes of jungle animals around the outside, filled the bottom with blue sand and put tealights in to illuminate the silhouettes. I folded all the napkins into the shape of ships and the giveaway for the guests was a bag of animal crackers. We went with a yellow, green and brown color scheme that set off all the jungle decorations nicely. The only games we played since it was such a large turnout were a guess how many bibs, bottles, and booties she would get and we set a timer to go off at different intervals throught the gift opening and when it did the person whos gift she was opening would get a prize. I am so grateful for all our family and friends who helped out so much to make this day so special. We are truly blessed to have them in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment