About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Bread

Strawberry Banana Bread - Gluten Free

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar *
2 eggs
1 cup oats (make sure they are gluten free)
1 cup rice flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 mashed very ripe bananas
1 cup dried or fresh strawberries

In a mixer beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated. By hand stir in the flours, oats and baking soda until just about all incorporated. Add the bananas and stir just until combined. Stir in strawberries. If using fresh don't stir too much or it will turn pink. Bake at 375F for 45-55 minutes.


*If you would like to make it refined sugar free you can substitute the brown sugar for 1/2 cup creamed honey or 1/2 cup date sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment