About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Blackberry Mille-Feuilles


I bought a baking and pastry fundamentals text book. I figured since I couldn't afford to go to pastry school I'd do the next best thing, These are the first thing I made from the book. The puff pastry (I made the easy American version) was simple enough but I did not roll it out thin enough so it was too thick. Even though it tasted just like puff pastry I don't know if I could say it was worth the effort to make it from scratch all the time.  The vanilla pastry cream filling, which I added blackberry puree to, was amazing. This is something I will definitely make often. The topping is simple icing and it is just that simple. Again I added blackberry juice to this to make it pretty and taste good. Although they weren't as delicate as real mille-feuilles they tasted really good. Not a passing grade so I will have to try this again....Oh Darn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment