About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Gumpaste Peonies



I had to make a peony for a wedding cake I was asked to do. Thanks to the lack of cake decorating supply stores in Ottawa I had to order the cutters in. I was very impressed with Flour Confections, I had the cutters  in a day and a half. Unfortunately shipping was more than I liked but that's not their fault. I found a tutorial on cakecentral.com on how to make them. It took me 3 tries to get a good flower for the cake. The first 2 attempts are in the first picture and the bottom one is the final flower that was placed on the cake. It was a beautiful cake and once I got the technique down it is a relatively easy flower to make. I will be doing more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment