About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Black Lace & Red Roses Cake


This is the top tier of a dummy wedding cake I am doing to showcase at a local bridal shop. I have been in love with the lace effect you can do with sugarveil for a while and finally I went ahead a purchased a mat and tried my hand at it. I googled how to and in a few of the sites I found they advise not to do black the first time as it makes the sugarveil sticky and hard to work with. As you can see I didn't listen as I usually never do. I really wanted to do black! I have also been trying to perfect my roses so I made 2 dozen red ones for this cake. I have finished the whole cake this afternoon but I will have to wait until tomorrow when I have some natural light to work with to take the pics. I have to say that I am now hooked on sugarveil!

No comments:

Post a Comment