About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Deer Head Birthday Cake


I had a client contact me to make her mother-in-law's birthday cake. She loves hunting so she sent me a link to a cake she loved and just had to have for her mother-in-law's birthday. My version is quite different but I always tell my clients that I can only do a loose interpretation of a cake as I my style and talent could be quite different than the decorator who did the original. I did try to do my best to honor the original with a cake worthy of being called "inspired by". The family and birthday girl loved the cake so I was happy. I have not been challenged by a cake this much in a long time. Here is the link to the inspiration cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment