About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Monday, May 27, 2013

Mary Poppins Birthday Cake


I was so excited when I was asked to do a Mary Poppins cake for Gemma's birthday party. I LOVED this movie when I was a kid and can still sing most of the songs now. Despite being so excited I had a really hard time deciding what I was going to do for the cake. I wanted to put the whole movie into one cake which is almost impossible unless I was to do a 10 tier cake. I really had to hold myself back but I LOVE how it turned out. I should have took close ups of the measuring tape and umbrella but I was just to excited to get it to the birthday girl. Not necessarily one of my best executed cakes but definitely one of my favorites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment