About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Monday, September 30, 2013

Survivor Themed Cake


I made this cake for the final day of 4th Week Camp at my Church. I wanted to give the kids a sweet and fun treat at the end of their week of games and learning. Since this years theme was Survivor and the location was the Osgoode Swamp I created this cake. I hand painted the logo using edible paint. The alligator and snakes are made of fondant. The cattail leaves and boat are formed from gumpaste. I made the cattails by rolling little pieces of modeling chocolate and sticking them on the end of toothpicks. I used longer sucker sticks and wrapped them in modeling chocolate to make the torches and topped them with fondant flames. The Osgoode Swamp sign is also made of modeling chocolate and I used a fondant tool to score wood grain into it and white food coloring to age it. It was a fun cake to design and create and the kids loved it and devoured it as well. Can't wait to see what theme I get to work with next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment