About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Barbie Purse Birthday Cake


This cake was ordered for Thanksgiving weekend but it wasn't until a month later that Ping finally got her party. Since they were on a last minute family vacation in PEI for most of October I had to hold off doing this cake. I am not a patient person especially when I want to see a design come to life. This is one of those instances. It was worth the wait though as it turned out just as awesome as I had envisioned it! Ping was a very happy girl!

To create the cake I used the book trick. I baked a book shape cake and cut it in half and stacked it vertically. It gives you the purse shape without having to do any carving. I then used peony petals and layered them to give the ruffled look. Topped it off with handles and a bow and to finish off the cake I added a Barbie silhouette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment