About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Friday, January 3, 2014

Coconut Banana Rice Pudding


I was in the mood to bake something completely different today and for some reason rice pudding came to mind. I also wanted to get rid of some of the ripe banana's I have in the freezer so I decided to turn it into banana rice pudding. The coconut was an after thought but worked really nicely. If you don't have coconut cream on hand you can just use all milk or add in some heavy cream to make it REALLY creamy. Have fun with it and make it your own! Here is how I made it...

Coconut Banana Rice Pudding


1 1/2  cups milk
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup rice
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 banana (ripe)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla
nutmeg to taste 

In a heavy bottom pot bring the milk, cream and rice to a boil. Turn down to medium and let simmer until the rice is soft and tender. This took close to 45 minutes for me. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Add a small amount (about 1/2 cup) of the hot rice mixture to the eggs constantly stirring until mixed thoroughly. Add to the rest of the rice and stir well. Stir in the mashed banana and nutmeg. Stir until thickened. Serve hot or cold...it is much better hot though! A drizzle of caramel wouldn't hurt it in any way either...I tried it with my second bowl!


No comments:

Post a Comment