About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Valentine's Day Love Cakes


I had a design in my head for a heart tattoo cake that I wanted to offer for Valentine's this year. I was doing a show last week so used it as an opportunity to create this design in a dummy cake. As I was doing the "tattoo" I found another design that I thought would make an awesome cake. So on top of the love tattoo cake I created a rose tattoo cake as well. I also wanted to play around with some popular frosting techniques so I ended up designing two more cakes as well. Love is the perfect topper for a simply piped rose cake. I had fun playing around with these designs and new techniques. 

No comments:

Post a Comment