About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Art Deco 50th Birthday Cake


I was given free reign on the design of this cake. Pastor Charles wife wanted something masculine but grand for his special day. She wanted Tiffany blue and gold but the rest was up to me. This is not entirely the design I had first planned out but I had a few issues in getting the cake done and had to redo the top two tiers 2 hours before I had to leave for the party. Execution is not my best but the cake is still grand and everyone at the party loved it. I was even roped in to presenting the cake in front of everyone at the party. Not something I am comfortable doing but I was invited to stay and enjoy the dinner and theatrics of the night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment