About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tobey's 1st Birthday Princess Party


 These were some of the decorations for Tobey Jean's 1st birthday party. I saw this idea on pinterest for the canvases. Draw the design with glue and then paint over them. I decided to do butterflies and flowers and spray painted them in pink. They can later be used in her bedroom. We also put pictures of our precious girl all over the place. The centerpieces I designed for the tables are cups filled with sugar and then I painted twigs I found in my backyard white and hung wooden butterflies I got from the dollar store using clear wire. Jen (Tobey's Mom) made up giveaways for the kids ~ sippy cups filled with gold fish crackers  for the little ones and snack cups filled with M&M's for the bigger kids. She placed them in the buckets on the front table with balloons. We also set up a paint with water table and a playdough table to keep the kids entertained. I made the playdough using Kool-aid to color it. I found this recipe in a Kraft What's Cooking Magazine. It made really vivid colors and smelled so good. Your hands even smelled good a while after you were done playing with it. It was a fabulous day and everyone really enjoyed themselves. We were so happy to be able to celebrate with so many family and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment