About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

How to Make a Shamrock With a Flower Cutter


I needed to make shamrocks for my St. Patty's Day cupcakes but I didn't have a cutter. I went to my local Bulk Barn and they only had a large one. I was looking through my cutters for other ideas and this just popped out at me as a possibility. Well it worked so I thought I would share it with you all as well since most of us have flower cutters. I know I would rather have one tool that does many things than have many tools. Space is a premium. So I will walk you through this step by step. 

Step 1
Cut a flower in green fondant.

Step 2
Cut one petal on each side to make a stem. You can stop at this point if you would like. This is a basic shamrock shape and would work.

Step 3
Using the large ball tool gently press each petal to curve them slightly. Again you could stop at this stage as well. This is a fine looking shamrock.

Step 4
Using the veining tool press the tip in to the top center of each petal and rock toward the middle. And there you have it...a cute little shamrock. And since most of us have different sizes of these flower cutters you can make these in all sizes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment