About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Grave Digger Monster Truck Birthday Cake


I made this cake for a 9th birthday party. The birthday boy was a HUGE Grave Digger fan. Every part of this is cake. The truck is stacked and carved sheet cakes and for the wheels I baked the cakes in a mini bundt pan. Trimmed and covered in black fondant they have the little inset for the hubs and the groves for the tread. Painting on black was a challenge but I just added some white to the green and purple so it would show up on the black fondant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment