About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Purple & Ivory Damask Wedding Cake


Jen came to me a little frustrated. She had not had very good experiences with bakers. No one seemed to want to design a wedding cake around her topper. I'm not sure when cake designers stopped designing cakes for their clients and only for themselves. It's her day so we designed this cake just for her. Her colors were purple and green and she was using a lot of rustic details in her table designs. We did a damask pattern on the bottom and top tiers in ivory and white and a quilted effect on the middle tier in purple. With peonies and hydrangea buds highlighting her fun topper. It is one of my favorite cakes I have done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment