About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Friday, February 7, 2014

Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake


Just before Christmas I had found a recipe for marshmallow cheesecake and thought that it would make a nice and easy dessert for Christmas Eve. I had so much baking to do for clients that I needed something that was SUPER easy and this was it. I added crushed candy cane (which just found out that you can buy at Bulk Barn already crushed during the holiday season...bonus) and made a chocolate wafer crust for the base. It was DELICIOUS! So light and really not too sweet. This is a no bake recipe that can be ready in a fraction of the time of a regular cheesecake. It is also much lighter. This time I wanted to switch things up and who doesn't love coffee and chocolate. 

Cappuccino Fudge Cheesecake

Crust

1 1/4 cup Chocolate Wafer Crumbs
1/4 cup Melted Butter

Mix together and press into the bottom of a springform pan. Set aside.

Fudge Layer

100g Dark Chocolate (I used a Lindt 70% bar)
4 tbsp Greek Yogurt 
(I used the caramel greek yogurt but regular or vanilla will do the trick. Full fat sour cream will work as well)

Melt the chocolate in the microwave with 2 tbsp of the yogurt for 20 seconds at a time until it is all melted. Stir in between. Stir in the rest of the yogurt. Spread evenly over the crust. Set aside. 

Cappuccino Cheesecake

1 pkg of Marshmallows (about 40 regular size)
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt 
1/2 cup Milk
2, 8oz packages of Cream Cheese
1 Tub Whipped Cream
1 Tbsp Espresso Powder

*Don't have espresso powder? Substitute 1/4 cup milk for 1/4 cup strong coffee.

In a medium saucepan melt the marshmallows with the yogurt, milk and espresso powder. Stir until all melted and well mixed. In a mixer whisk the softened cream cheese until smooth. Add the cooled marshmallow mixture and whisk until combined. Fold in the tub of Whipped Cream. Pour into the crust. Place in fridge until set (about 30 minutes). 

I grated chocolate covered espresso beans over my cheesecake because I happened to have some on hand. You can grate chocolate over or sprinkle with more chocolate wafer crumbs. I had split mine between 2 smaller tart pans because I was bringing one next door to my sisters house and wanted one left here for me. 

ENJOY!

original marshmallow cheesecake recipe link


No comments:

Post a Comment