About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Monday, February 3, 2014

Carrie's Crunchy Granola


I cater a women's breakfast at my Church about 5 times a year. Every time I make a hot dish and serve it with yogurt, fresh fruit and my now famous granola. I think they would kick me out if I didn't make it. I like to have a stash on hand at home throughout the year as well. This recipe is how I normally make it but you can change things up so many different ways. Use whatever nuts and dried fruit you have on hand. Customize your granola to your individual tastes.

Carrie's Crunchy Granola

3 cups Quick Cooking Oats
1 cup Coconut
1/2 cup Pecans
1/2 cup Almonds (sliced)
1/2 cup All Bran Buds
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Oil (I usually use canola but coconut oil works really good too)
3 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 cup Dried Cranberries

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix everything except the cranberries in a large bowl. Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 8 minutes. Stir and bake for another 20 minutes (give or take 5) stirring every 5 minutes. While still warm stir in the cranberries. 

I haven't tried it yet but next time I will be adding 1 cup quinoa to the mix. I have tried this in granola bars before and it should enhance the crunchy and nuttiness of the granola. 

No comments:

Post a Comment