About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Friday, January 31, 2014

Funky Roller Skate Birthday Cake


This was a last minute order that came in and I had 3 days to figure out what I was going to do and create it. Good thing I work good under pressure. Actually I think I work better when I don't have too much time to over think things. I took inspiration from two different cakes I had found online and merged them into this beautiful and fun cake. I cut the skate out of fondant (mixed with tylose powder) and hand drew and painted the details with edible markers and paint. The roses are made using circles stacked and rolled. Then using purple, pink and black I swooshed and swirled all over to create a gorgeous cake for a special girls skating party. 

1st inspiration cake

2nd inspiration cake
(okay I pretty much copied her skate. Just changed the colors but it's a beautiful cake)

How to make the circle rose

No comments:

Post a Comment