About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Doc McStuffins Bandaid Tutorial



Doc McStuffin's Band Aids

I did a Doc McStuffins cake for my niece last weekend and figured as I was making the band aids I would take some step by step pictures to show others how I did them. It's not like this is not easy enough to figure out or hasn't been written about before but I thought I would show you how I did them. 

1. I began by cutting ivory fondant into strips about 1" wide. I then cut them into 2.25" pieces. If you need bigger ones or smaller ones just change up the measurements based on your needs. 



2. I then used a circle cutter that was larger than the strip and pressing down on just one side of the cutter cut the ends into an arc. 


3. I used the angled fondant tool to gently press 2 lines into the fondant. If you don't have these tools don't worry you can use the back of a bread knife instead or anything that has a thin straight edge. Just remember to use gentle pressure. Enough to leave an indent but not enough to cut the fondant.


4. I used the small ball tool but the end of a pin would work as well. Again with slight pressure press the end of the tool into the fondant creating the holes of the bandaid. You don't want it to go all the way through. Create a grid of 9 dots (3 rows of 3) on each side. 




5. Cut out a little pink heart. Using edible glue, glue the heart in the middle of the bandaid. 

These are adorable toppers for cupcakes or to use to accent a Doc McStuffins cake. Here is the link to the cake I created. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi - I'm wanting to make just one big band-aid to use as a name plaque for the bday girls name. Since I need it to be somewhat flexible to adhere to cake, how are in advance would you suggest making the band-aid? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - I'm wanting to make just one big band-aid to use as a name plaque for the bday girls name. Since I need it to be somewhat flexible to adhere to cake, how are in advance would you suggest making the band-aid? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete