About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Monday, February 24, 2014

Peanut Butter Caramel Recipe


I was in the mood to bake a couple weeks ago and came across the idea of peanut butter caramel. I took my basic caramel sauce recipe I use from Chef Michael Smith and turned it into a peanut butter version. It is a thick and creamy and goes perfect with so many different desserts. I have used it drizzled on apple fritters, in apple crisp and swirled in fudgy brownies so far. Will be making sure I have some of this on hand at all times.

Peanut Butter Caramel

1/2 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Whipping Cream
1/2 cup Peanut Butter

Add water to a medium saucepan. Pour sugar in and DO NOT stir. The water will absorb the sugar on it's own. On medium high heat cook sugar until it becomes an amber color. Brush down the sides with water to prevent crystals. DO NOT STIR. Once it starts to brown you may swirl the pan to finish the cooking. Keep a close eye as it goes from no color to color very quickly. 


Meanwhile heat whipping cream in microwave for 30 seconds so it is room temp. Once your sugar has caramel color take off burner and pour in the cream slowly stirring constantly. Add peanut butter. Place back on burner and stir just until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool or serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment