About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Peanut Butter Caramel Oatmeal Cookies


I had so much caramel left over that I had to come up with some new ways to use it. Well placing a chunk of it in the middle of a oatmeal cookie was the perfect idea. Everyone loved them!

Oatmeal Cookie

3/4 cup Butter softened
1 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Eggs
1 1/2 cup Flour
2 cups Oats
1/2 cup (approx) Peanut Butter Caramel (link for recipe below)

Preheat oven to 350F. 

With hand mixer cream butter and sugar for about 2 minutes. Add baking powder. Add eggs one at a time just until combined. Mix in flour on low speed. Stir in oats by hand. 

Form into one inch balls and place about one inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press thumb into the center of each cookie. Wet your thumb slightly to prevent sticking. 

Place a chunk of peanut butter caramel in the center of each cookie. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment