About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Gluten Free Banana Cake Recipe


My Mom asked me to make a cake for their small group to celebrate Lynn's birthday. It needed to be gluten free so I decided on a banana cake with caramel buttercream. Here I am only posting the recipe for the cake but it is delicious on it's own, drizzled with caramel sauce or frosted in your favorite cream cheese or buttercream icing. I am not an expert in Gluten Free baking but I do know cake and have come up with a recipe that works. Feel free to substitute you tried and tested gluten free flour blend. 

Gluten Free Banana Cake

3/4 cup Brown Rice Flour
1/3 cup Tapioca Starch
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tbsp Jello Vanilla Pudding Mix
1 cup Brown Sugar
3 Eggs (room temp)
3 oz Canola Oil
2 Ripe Bananas mashed
3 Tbsp Sour Cream

1. Preheat oven to 350F.  Grease and flour 2 8" cake pans. 

2. In mixer whip the eggs, oil and sugar until doubled in volume and light in color (approx 3-5 minutes). In separate bowl sift the flours, baking powder, baking soda and pudding mix. 

3. On low speed add the sour cream to the eggs. Add the dry mix 1/3 at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl in between. Add the mashed bananas and mix just until combined. 

4. Pour batter into prepared cake pans, half in each pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Note: Room temp eggs make a difference on the lightness and fluffiness of the cake. To get room temp eggs fast place them in a bowl and let sit in HOT tap water for about 3 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment