About Me

My photo
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Cake has been a part of my life for as far back as I can remember. My Mom was a cake decorator when I was younger and I discovered a few years ago that I had inerited her talent for it as well. I have not been satisfied with my jobs for a while now so I thought why not do something I love. Helping people celebrate the big moments of their lives. I can do cakes for all occasions. Let me be a part of your next celebration. Official website is secondgenerationcakedesign.com

Friday, March 7, 2014

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe


I am not an expert in gluten free baking but I do know cake. I have worked hard to figure out a way to be able to bake for my clients who are gluten free. Of course my kitchen is not 100% gluten free so I am sharing my recipe with you all so you can still "have your cake and eat it too".

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake

3 eggs (room temp)
3/4 cup Rice Flour
1/4 cup Tapioca Starch
1/4 cup Cocoa
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Sugar
6 oz Canola Oil
3 Tbsp Sour Cream

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 2 ~ 8" pans.

2. Whip the eggs and sugar on high speed until doubled in volume and light and fluffy (approx 3-5 minutes). Slowly drizzle in the oil. In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients and whisk together to remove any clumps. 

3. Add the sour cream to the the mixer on low speed. Add in the flour mixture and mix until combined scraping down the side of the bowl.

4. Pour into your prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment